86e Fête du Citron® – “des mondes fantastiques” (Fantastic worlds)
from 16 February to 3 March 2019
BENEATH THE ZEST OF ORANGES AND LEMONS LIES ONE OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST FESTIVALS
La Fête du Citron® (Lemon Festival), an unique event in the world, attracts 240,000 visitors every year – a number which is constantly rising.
With processions of floats, gardens of lights and the exhibition of giant designs, come and discover this fantasy world, and move to the rhythm of a simply unforgettable event.
More than 300 professionals work on the project and 145 tons of citrus fruits are used.
The main events
- Saturday 16 February at 11.00 am: opening of the 86th Fête du Citron®
- Saturday 16 February at 2.00 pm: opening of the Exhibition of Citrus patterns
- Saturday 16 February, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Sunday 17 February, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
- Thursday 21 February, 9 pm: The night-time parade, (followed by fireworks)
- Friday 22 February, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Sunday 24 February, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
- Thursday 28 February, 9 pm: The night-time parade, (followed by fireworks)
- Friday 1 March, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Sunday 3 March, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
The event in numbers
- 20 days of festival
- 240, 000 spectators on average each year
- 10 floats and 13 decorated displays in the gardens
- 200 artists (dancers, musicians)
- 400 participants (warehousemen, cashiers, screening staff)
- Over 20, 000 hours worked by crews, primarily municipal
- 12 people in charge of changing any fruit which has deteriorated each day
- 140 tonnes of citrus fruit for the gardens and floats
- Up to 18 tonnes of fruit for the most magnificent designs
- 45 kg of oranges or 30 kg lemons are needed to cover 1 m²
- 5 tonnes of additional fruit to replace any damaged fruit
- Over 750,000 elastic bands for attaching the fruit
- 15 tonnes of steel
Dates : From 16th february to 3rd march 2019.
Lieu : City of Menton.
Lemon Festival 2019 ratesBenefit from preferential rates (up to -15% by booking online !)
on the day
|Reduced rates *|
|Golden Fruit Parade or Night-Time Parade (Seated tickets) reservation required .||25 €||25 €||10 €|
|Golden Fruit Parade or Night-Time Parade (Standing tickets)||12 €||10 €||6 €|
|Citrus exhibition (Exhibition of citrus patterns in Biovès Garden).||12 €||10 €||6 €|
|Gardens of Lights (Exhibition of citrus patterns with lights and animations in Biovès Garden).||13 €||13 €||8 €|
|Forfait n°1 Entrance at the golden fruit parade or night-time parade (Seated tickets) + Entrance at the exhibition of citrus patterns .||32 €||30 €||15 €|
Entrance at the golden fruit parade or night-time parade (Standing tickets - promenoir) + Entrance at the exhibition of citrus patterns ( during the day) .
|20 €||17 €||10 €|
*Reduced rates: Children aged 6 to 14 - On-site and online rates
Free admission – (Except to stands) : children under 6 years and Persons with Reduced Mobility (on presentation of a disability card with over 80% disability).