BENEATH THE ZEST OF ORANGES AND LEMONS LIES ONE OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST FESTIVALS
La Fête du Citron® (Lemon Festival), an unique event in the world, attracts 240,000 visitors every year – a number which is constantly rising.
With processions of floats, gardens of lights and the exhibition of giant designs, come and discover this fantasy world, and move to the rhythm of a simply unforgettable event.
More than 300 professionals work on the project and 145 tons of citrus fruits are used.
85e Fête du Citron® : Bollywood
from 17 February to 4 March 2018
play a part in the films’ plots. Tales full of twists and turns will unfold in the shade of the yellow and orange towering citrus fruit structures, under the impassive gaze of statues of the gods. Beautiful heroines will dream and dance beside a lotus-shaped fountain, before being taken away through the buzzing overcrowded towns by rickshaw to the happy ending that any great film requires.
When night falls, the Gardens of Lights (17, 23 February and 2 March at 8.30 pm) will offer the opportunity to stroll through the citrus fruit designs, which will take on a dreamlike quality under the artistic, artificial lighting.
The colours will sparkle and acquire a poetry of their own. However, la Fête du Citron ® would not be what it is today without its famous ‘Corsos’ (parades of decorated floats).
Events take place during the day with the ‘Golden Fruit Parade’ (Sunday 18 – 25 February and 4 March 2018 at 2.30 pm) and at night with the ‘Night-time Parade’, followed by a firework display (Thursday 22 February and 1 March at 9.00 pm).
Once again this year, decorated floats, each one more amazing than the last, will capture the world of Bollywood through the rhythm of Indian dance and music. It is a unique show that will be treat for all the senses…
The main events
- Saturday 17 February at 11.00 am: opening of the 85th Fête du Citron®
- Saturday 17 February at 2.00 pm: opening of the Exhibition of Citrus patterns
- Saturday 17 February, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Sunday 18 February, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
- Thursday 22 February, 9 pm: The night-time parade, (followed by fireworks)
- Friday 23 February, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Saturday 24 February, 3.30 pm: Holi Party
- Sunday 25 February, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
- Thursday 1 March, 9 pm: The night-time parade, (followed by fireworks)
- Friday 2 March, 8.30 pm: Les Jardins de Lumières (The Gardens of Lights)
- Sunday 4 March, 2.30 pm: Golden Fruit Parade
Not-to-be-missed – A HOLI PARTY IN MENTON
The arrival of spring in India is marked with a huge celebration called Holi – the festival of colours. The whole country is inundated by a magical whirlwind of colours. Indians, dressed in white, throw coloured powder, the hues of which correspond to the following wishes: green for harmony, orange for optimism, blue for vitality and red for happiness and love. People sing and dance to traditional music.
La Fête du Citron® is organising a Holi Party on the Esplanade Francis Palmero (Saturday 24 February from 3.30 pm). Come and experience a whirlwind of colour to the sounds of Bollywood for a moment of pure Indian-style exuberance! The music and dancing at this huge open-air ‘party’ will be led by a DJ.
Admission price: € 3 for children up to 10 years, € 5 for children 11 years and over and for adults. A T-shirt, sunglasses and sachets of powder will be included with the ticket price.
The event in numbers
- 20 days of festival
- 240, 000 spectators on average each year
- 10 floats and 13 decorated displays in the gardens
- 200 artists (dancers, musicians)
- 400 participants (warehousemen, cashiers, screening staff)
- Over 20, 000 hours worked by crews, primarily municipal
- 12 people in charge of changing any fruit which has deteriorated each day
- 140 tonnes of citrus fruit for the gardens and floats
- Up to 18 tonnes of fruit for the most magnificent designs
- 45 kg of oranges or 30 kg lemons are needed to cover 1 m²
- 10 tonnes of additional fruit to replace any damaged fruit
- Over 750,000 elastic bands for attaching the fruit
- Between 6 to 8 km of woven box hedge
- 15 tonnes of steel
Dates : From 17th february to 4th march 2018.
Lieu : City of Menton.
Lemon Festival 2018 ratesBenefit from preferential rates (up to -15% by booking online !)
on the day
|Reduced rates *|
|Golden Fruit Parade or Night-Time Parade (Seated tickets) reservation required .||25 €||25 €||10 €|
|Golden Fruit Parade or Night-Time Parade (Standing tickets)||12 €||10 €||6 €|
|Citrus exhibition (Exhibition of citrus patterns in Biovès Garden).||12 €||10 €||6 €|
|Gardens of Lights (Exhibition of citrus patterns with lights and animations in Biovès Garden).||13 €||13 €||8 €|
|Forfait n°1 Entrance at the golden fruit parade or night-time parade (Seated tickets) + Entrance at the exhibition of citrus patterns .||32 €||30 €||15 €|
Entrance at the golden fruit parade or night-time parade (Standing tickets - promenoir) + Entrance at the exhibition of citrus patterns ( during the day) .
|20 €||17 €||10 €|
*Reduced rates: Children aged 6 to 14 - On-site and online rates
Free admission – (Except to stands) : children under 6 years and Persons with Reduced Mobility (on presentation of a disability card with over 80% disability).